39 Combat Engineer Regiment Museum
Check here for important announcements or late breaking news. Please visit our museum page for interesting historical information and photographs. Also, consider supporting the museum by visiting the Donation page on the 39 CER Home page.
6 Engineer Squadron
6 Engineer Squadron is a reserve unit of the Canadian Armed Forces that was formed in North Vancouver in 1912. In fact the unit's first soldiers were sworn-in at North Vancouver City Hall.
Since 1912 our soldiers have served in two World Wars and on UN and NATO missions in Germany, Cyprus, Golan Heights, Egypt, Syria, Israel, former Yugoslavia and Afghanistan.
Locally, in time of need, our soldiers have bridged the Capilano River and Lynn Creek, have rescued stranded motorists in the Fraser Valley and have fought forest fires.
In the past individual unit members served at every major WW 1 battle. In WW 2 our unit landed on the Normandy beaches on D Day.
Many notable individuals have served with our unit and have made significant contributions. A few of them are:
Built NV's Cenotaph and Armoury Lt Blackadder
City Engineer Maj Cosgrove
City Engineer, Mayor, MLA Lt Hanes
Ripple Rock Lt North
Visit "Biographies" page on the Museum
Burrard & Granville Bridges Maj Grant
website to learn more. Click
Lions Gate & Patullo Bridges LCol Swan
Canada's first Scout Master Capt Airey
Today's members of 6 Engineer Squadron carry on in the tradition of their predecessors.
Officer Commanding - Major
Squadron Sergeant Major - Warrant Officer
Location: Lieutenant Colonel James Pemberton Fell Armoury
1513 Forbes Avenue
North Vancouver BC V7M 2Y4